Monday, October 20, 2014

Madre!

Hey y'all!
I am still pushing my way through the Goldfinch, it's good but so so long. Also, I started a new TV show called Reign which is a totally non-accurate historical teen drama about Mary Queen of Scotts. It's done by the CW and is very dramatic and fun! Check it out on Netflix.

My mom visited this weekend!!! whoo whoo!

She got in Friday night where we ate at the Virginian (http://thevirginiancville.com), sitting outside to get fresh air after her long train ride. She got a crab cake sandwich, Keegan got a Rueben, and I got some delish mac and cheese made with cheddar and pepper jack. Keegan and I on Thursday tried out Boylan Heights (http://boylan-heights.com), described as a "gourmet burger bar". Jeeeeez was it good. I tried a turkey burger with lots of yummy toppings and fries :)

Saturday Mom and I went to the Farmer's Market where she found something fun to bring home:

a new yellow orchid!!

I showed her around the Downtown Mall, stopping for a while to listen to this awesome banjo player: Mike Collins Jr. (http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/mike-collins-jr-takes-his-one-man-banjo-act-to-city-sidewalks-worldwide/Content?oid=4932282)

Obviously I took her to Para for some iced tea, it was really hot this weekend!
Here's a photo of my co-worker Kevin doing some awesome art that I helped with. We were putting up a new "special" drink for the autumn season: the Pumpkin Head Latte. It's a latte with pumpkin and hazelnut syrups with some cinnamon!

After, Mom and I headed over to the Gordon St. Library for a free craft class:

metal stamping! We made some gifts and some art for ourselves, it was super cool but also my hands got so tired.

On Sunday we stopped at the Carter Mountain Orchard for the Apple Harvest Festival.


Keegan and I got a little pumpkin!! Whoo Whoo Halloween is coming!

All in all it was a very fun weekend with lots of relaxing. I got to do a lot of art:

some greeting cards

and some paper roses!!! they are super easy, I made them out of some pink paper bags. http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamellis/make-these-lovely-paper-roses-instead-of-buying-flowers-for#20c2xbj
I love them, they're going to be a part of my Halloween costume.

AAAAAAnd mom gave me a little hair cut! Looking cute, as always.

I've got book club tomorrow and am so excited!
xoxo




4 comments:

  1. Awww, it was so fun to visit you and Kee. You guys are so hospitable and sweet to be with. And Charlottesville is such a cool little city. I'll be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....C'ville is a cool town. Hopefully when I get another cylinder I'll drive on down.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell us how book club was. Where did you meet and what did people think of the book -- did anyone not like it?

    How was work today?

    ReplyDelete