Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October!

Wowo I feel like I was just saying Happy Sepetember! Rabbit rabbit!

I've read two books in the past couple days:
Dreams and Shadows by C. Robert Cargill - the first book in the series that I started last week with Queen of Dark Things. Super good if you like YA fantasy which not tons of people I hang out with do.  Dad, this is not your thing.

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer might be more up your alley pops! This is a political thriller and mystery. It starts off with the Vice President getting shot and the President's top aide getting seriously injured. It then starts up again 8 years later following that same aide trying to figure out what really happened that day and who orchestrated the whole debacle. Very exciting, not really my thing, I have a chapter left which I don't think I am going to read because the plot twist has been revealed.

I want to make two suggestions to everyone for great reads: Gone Girl and Night Film are both thrillers that I read last spring and loved. Gone Girl is going to be made into a movie soon so it is all in the news. They're both scary in a psychological way, although there are some classic scary bits in there too.

I am now read a CLASSIC, Outlander, by Dianna Gabaldon which is a historical romance that is SO well written and exciting, lots of fight scenes and awesome history about Scotland during the Risings in the late 1700s. As I just googled how to spell the authors last name I discovered that it is a TV MINI SERIES! Do we think I can skip work tomorrow to watch TV all day?!?!?

I am obviously now watching season one episode one while I write this.

Keegan and I have not been up to much this past week, I have been working a lot per usual and Keegan is always stressing about homework or something.

Last Saturday we went to the farmers's market and then stopped at Para for coffee. Low and behold there was a football game and so the store next door was giving out free mimosas!


beautiful and sunny

The nice weather kept up and on Sunday we went hiking! Mint Springs park out in Crozet has lots of trails through the forest. In the summer you can swim in these ponds!
still pretty green out there!


fall colors are showing up!!




then we went to Mudhouse in Crozet and had some italian sodas while I beat him at chess :)

Not much exciting in food news but I did have southern poutine for the first time, so killer - literally


And finally, I've been crafting! I took the construction paper out of the two care packages my mom has sent me and made paper flowers.



Whoo whoo! Well, my show is calling. Luckily I am going to NYC this weekend so I have a really long train ride to watch this!
xoxoxooooo

1 comment: