Monday, February 16, 2015

Winter again..

How was last Sunday 74 degrees... It's 19 degrees right now and the snow is coming down fast. Luckily I am inside at work with a giant sweater and my knitting to keep me warm! Though it's nothing like woods hole:
Buddha is buried in my mom's back yard





we in Virginia are still expected to get 8 inches today and tonight. Fingers crossed we get snowed in and I can skip work tomorrow!! 

Today has been pretty slow, probably people are inside staying warm! I read this book today, The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. I really enjoyed it, obviously it was a quick read. This novel is smothered of the world as we know it sort of story, but much more practical and realistic than a lot of what's out there. Told through the eyes of a middle school girl, Miracles follows what happens when the earth's rotation begins to slow. It was very interesting and also a little sad, I recommend it if you are not prone to anxiety!

Back to all anyone can talk about, the snow!

  • Click to continue... and see some art work!



Yesterday evening we got a light dusting but the wind in the morning was so harsh. It looked nice and sparkly from inside the IX building where I work weekends! 
 
Photo from a few minutes ago. There's an amazing little foyer in the center of the building, it will be lovely in the spring!


While I do like working at the IX, it can be mind numbingly slow. I've been using that time to read for sure but I have also been trying to create more! I have tried writing a few poems with mixed results but the past few times I have worked down here I have been bringing my water color pencils! 


Breakfast in Lisbon

View from the Shore 

I am trying to get my bosses to put my art work up at para, here's the flickr I made of some of my work! Grace Foster Art, check it out if you're interested!

Warm thoughts to everyone, drive safe
Xoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. I just learned that Jason went back to LJ. He probably didn't want to deal with that drift....

    ReplyDelete