Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mount Holyoke; Western Mass

I graduated from Mount Holyoke College one year ago! A whole year! 


I don't miss being in college itself at all, so much stress and competition and fighting for the fruit in the dining hall. But I did go to western mass this past weekend to see my friend Rach graduate and I was reminded of how much I do miss from that part of the world. 

Here are a few of my favorite things…


One creative and fun event each fall is Art in the Orchard in Eashampton. There are tons of chickens running around and really interesting art installations to explore. My favorite was a giant empty frame in the middle of the field - it almost made the mountains look like a painting. You can also pick your own apples or buy treats in their little shop.


***

 The Montague Bookmill is a beautiful bookstore and cafe that sits right on the edge of a small waterfall. Students from the Five College area travel out the Montague to study in all their cozy chairs and snack in the yummy coffee shop.





***

And last but not least I just miss the Mount Holyoke grounds which were beautiful in all kinds of weather. There were tons of little paths to run on and adirondack chairs to lounge in.  


Jorge keeping watch in the winter,

upper lake on fire in the fall,

and all the little turtles lined up in the spring! What could be better!!

xoxo



2 comments:

  1. I love all those little turtles. And it's great you're still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Adventure. Part 2....Coming soon.

    ReplyDelete