Sunday, May 3, 2015

May snacks

Happy May everyone (and happy birthday week to me!!!!!!!)

It's hard to cook for just myself, often I just end up eating Joe's O's out of a mug, but sometimes I get inspired to branch out and make a little effort.

All my friends have been talking about spiralizers and vegettis - tools that turn vegetables into pastas. I am too impatient/ thrifty to go buy one so I made my own zucchini pasta using just a knife.

I very thinly sliced the zucch

In a pan beforehand I sautéed finely diced onions, chicken sausage, cherry tomatos, and pesto. Then I tossed in the zucchini pasta with a little filtered water and cooked on a low heat for about five minutes. SO yummy and healthy!


As a little treat for myself I made pumpkin bread - I found a hidden can of pumpkin puree in the back of my cupboard while packing. Anyone remember the last time I tried to make bread? Disaster. This the it came out delicious and am currently eating it smothered in nutella :)

Last but not least, a snack I did not make for myself but I am extremely proud that I ordered these instead of some boring breakfast. While in Baltimore, my friends and I ate at Golden West where I ordered two different pancakes: the left is a Zucchini Brie Pancake, a sweet and savory scallion and zucchini (my favorite veg) flapjack baked with brie, and topped with house made honey butter. The right is called a Hopi Cake, a blue cornmeal banana pancake topped with blueberries, creme fraiche, and toasted pine nuts, with a side of Vermont maple syrup.
HOLY CANNOLI were these good, so filling, Clea had to step in and help me.


I cannot wait to try to make the zucchini brie one on my own!

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Looking forward to cooking with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait!! Pasta and tacos and cookies, oh my.

      Delete
  2. ' It's all over now baby blue '

    ReplyDelete