Friday, August 29, 2014

happy friday!

Hello all,
I am employed! I got that job at Para on the spot, they loved me so much :)
Actually I think they were under-staffed, but that's also fine. Here's my new work:
we sell cupcakes from sweethaus! This goes in food news too:
http://www.sweethaus.com
They're a cupcake cafe, really good and interesting flavors. This one is pistachio, today we were selling chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes.


We make our own nut milk: almond, pecan, and walnut.
I'll get the recipe and post it (looking at you Nora)

hanging out in the storage room

the cafe!

I'm at home watching the Following on Netflix, it's set in Virginia, so extra creeeeeepy. Keegan's in class but after he gets out we are going to this thing called Fridays after 5. There is music in the big amphitheater in the downtown mall and we're going to listen for free on the lawn. I got some cookies for yummy snacks! 

Tomorrow is the first big football game against UCLA I think. Maybe I can learn to be interested in sports??

I am certainly loving the terrain and free outdoor things to do. I went "hiking" (walking on some paths through the woods) the other day for a few hours. 
so beautiful this time of year

whoops ended up at Monticello

trespassing….

loving it!!

There's also a really nice skating rink which has been fun to use, it's only 10$ and skates are free. They have a ton of public skate hours, unlike falmouth - so great.

And the best part of the blog:
FOOD!

Besides Sweethaus
Keegan made me some awesome pasta and sauce! I did not take a picture because I was too busy eating but it had a lot of carrots and basil in it…mmmmm…. His mom bought us whole wheat pasta so I am trying to get used to a healthy lifestyle.

Nowhere in the South sells frozen fruit, so I had to drive all the way to Trader Joe's and pay through the nose for some strawberries but now I can make smoothies!! While I was there I picked up some green chilies and made a Mexican vegetable soup to save for a lazy night.
bad quality because of the steam but it smells great
an onion, garlic, a little olive oil, salt, 4 cups of chicken stock, 2 tomatoes, 3 carrots, a pile of green chilies, a little oregano
I'll boil up some quinoa and chicken for when we are ready to eat!!

And this is basically my staple salad:
red cabbage, carrots, and french salad dressing

Bodo's Bagels are growing on me too.

xoxo!



2 comments:

  1. Your cabbage salad inspired us to marinate wedges of red cabbage and spears of zucchini in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs before grilling them. Turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete