Sunday, June 21, 2015

hugs…?

I love love love hugs






Every once in a while I get anxious when I haven't hugged someone in a while, then I make Katie hold hands with my while we're at work.

But sometimes, I really do NOT want to be hugged….


I had a classmate in college who asked permission before she touched someone, every single time, which felt very excessive. However, I have a few people in my life who never ask permission, and assume that they can hug me whenever they want, or rub my back, or stand right up close next to me, inside my personal bubble, breathing up all my oxygen. 

HOW DO I GET THEM TO LEAVE ME ALONE?!

My sassy little sister will just hug someone and give the other person the cold shoulder, but I feel too guilty (not brave enough?) to do that. 

Is it worth pissing someone off for my own comfort?
What do I do when one of the people is a family member?
Do I suck it up to be polite?
What is a polite way to ask "get the hell away from me"?
Do I never hug anyone again????



send help!
xoxo


5 comments:

  1. Keep your arms folded. If you unfold, be prepared for some huggin. If you keep em folded and they hug you anyway, it does not really count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and hug Lu every time you see her. Like EVERY time. preemptive hugs. then let me know what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming soon....A new adventure.

    ReplyDelete