Sunday, November 30, 2014

Jiggity jig

"Home again home again jiggity jig"
I said this as we were pulling out of the train station last night after our twelve hour train ride back to VA and Keegan almost cried laughin.  Um hello, mother goose rhyme, I am not insane. 
I had a great week home for the holiday! Things are going by so fast, I'll be home again in less than three weeks for three weeks!
I read a lot of books while I was home (24 total hours on a train will do that). 
The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price was a cool science fiction novel about a group of people chosen to survive the end of the world by being moved into another world just like ours except they never entered WWI, so things are similar in essence but totally different in practice. Very cool, love a fun scifi book once in a while.

I finished up Allison Leotta's DC crime mysteries: Discretion and Speak of the Devil, both very interesting diversions about the workings of the sex crimes and homicide divisions of the DC police. 

I also read The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker and The Maze Runner by James Dashner; the stories were fine and exciting, neither was as great as I was hoping but what can you do. The first is about Nora who gets lost in another world, filled with magic DUH, and she has to learn to survive while being hunted by her ex-husband who tricked Nora into marrying him. The other book is about a boy who is delivered to the Glade to live with a pile of other boys and they try to escape this creepy maze they are stuck in. 

My week in photos:
NYC from the train!





Nora visited, we found secret messages at Stoney Beach

Not so little sis 

Pies for days: pecan pumpkin, cherry almond, Dutch apple



Friends thanksgiving!
Dancing at grumpys where a crazy dancer hit me in the nose.

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment