Tuesday, January 13, 2015

hellooo 2015

it's been three weeks since I last posted because I was seeing everyone at home and therefore you all knew what I was up to!
three whole weeks and I only read ONE BOOK, that just goes to show what a difference having friends and people to hang out with does to your free time (eats it up).

My january book club book was Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout. Each chapter was told from a different perspective of residents in a small Maine town who interacted with the title character Olive Kitteridge. My friend actually read it in a psych class, the book explores different metal states and ways of living and loving. Very sweet, kind of sad, but highly recommended! (Woods Hole library has a copy).

My time at home was wonderful, and it's nice to know that Keegan and I can easily make the drive back in one day.
we left at 7 am to drive back and it took us just over 10 hours with no traffic!
Here's the blue ridge mountains at sunrise. I thought I would miss the ocean more, but I really love the mountains!




I got to have lot's of suppers with friends, we made tacos and stir fry; I actually ate tofu and didn't hate it (didn't love it either though)

the best part was hanging out with these cuties!! Charlie's first christmas

It was so nice seeing friends from work,

from college,

and most importantly, from high school!!

Keegan and I bought our tickets to fly home for March break, I was feeling kind of lame living on the college schedule still but then I thought to myself, I have the rest of my life to have a job where I can't take time off whenever I want, might as well enjoy it while I can!

I don't really believe in "resolutions" for the new year, in particular, I hate the idea that there are things I need to cut out of my life. Instead, I was to add or modify what I do! I stole this one from Nora: I want to learn how to make real bread! Related, I would also like to cook more variety. Instead of buying pizza, I can totally make it. My co-worker is giving up pizza, and all it's derivatives, this year (bagel bites, hot pockets) - sounds miserable.

Anyone have any good ideas for other ways to improve in the new year?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Try ' All The Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr....

    ReplyDelete