Tuesday, April 14, 2015

home made french fries

In one month I will be getting home from a shift at Coffee O and making supper with my new rookie Katie. Boy does that feel like a million miles away! In the mean time, I am going to keep experimenting with this amazing home made french fry recipe.
image from 3-Chairs

Holy cannoli these are so good and easy! Keegan and I made them with turkey burgers to celebrate the summer-like weather, it's 80 degrees here. I think any potato would be good with this recipe, we used Dutch baby golds, but next up I want to try sweet potatoes :))

In book news, i just finished the novel A Shadow in Summer by Daniel Abraham, the first in a  quartet. I really enjoyed it but honestly I am not sure everyone else would as I indiscriminately love all sic-fi/ fantasy books with really cool worlds. The story follows two young men who were trained to be poets, but only one of them finished his education. Poets in this world are people who describe an action in a way that gives the action itself into a physical manifestation, a human body, and then the poet can magnify that action a thousand fold. For example, in the book, a poet uses his creation as a tool to harvest grains for his city - he can harvest it all at once by using his mind. PRETTY AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment